Top Ten Perks of Being a Member of the Blue Angels
Letterman, June 19, 2003
10. While those Army guys are marching through the mud, I’m flying around eating peanuts.
(Major Ken Asbridge)
9. I get a 10% discount off any Blockbuster movie that has an airplane in it.
(Major Dave Morris)
8. Get to make extra money using my airplane to deliver drycleaning on the weekends.
(Major Chandler Seagraves)
7. Make a perfect landing, Uncle Sam buys you a Slurpee. (Lieutenant Craig Olson)
6. I get to say things like, “Bravo foxtrot alpha measured ceiling is 4,000 broken,” even if I have no idea what that means.
(Major Len Anderson)
5. Ejection seat makes hilarious “boing” sound effect.
(Lieutenant Commander Jerry Deren)
4. Once, I saw a cloud formation that looked like Richard Dreyfuss.
(Lieutenant Commander Dan Martin)
3. You get really familiar with this sound (makes jet sound). (Lieutenant Commander David Varner)
2. After three years, I have an option to buy my plane.
(Lieutenant Commander Todd Abrahamson)
1. To hell with the Mile High Club, I’m a member of the Mach Two Club.”
(Commander Russ Bartlett)